Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Makan-Makan Mardi - Tofu

Tardy post! huhuhu

So yesterday I had a somewhat healthy dinner.
All has tofu in it.
So I had the miso soup with tofu, and soya drink (drinho)..

Anyone has not tried soya products yet?
Soya or tofu is a good base for those who are vegetarian. But you do not need to be veggies lover to like tofu. I love anything that is soya-based.

I remember when I was a kid, I used to eat tofu with soya sauce. Yummies!!

I am happy that the Asian (Pinoy) shop near my house is selling soya drinks and tofu.
But the big asian supermarket in the city has more varieties, such as soft silken tofu, sweetened tofu, dried tofu, japanese tofu.. aahh yummies..

I think tofu is like cheese for asian. Cheese is made from milk based (goat milk or cow milk). Tofu is made from soya "milk". It is also gone thru the adding of coagulant to make it "curd".

According to wikipedia:


Tofu is low in calories, contains a relatively large amount of iron and contains little fat

Just thinking of tofu and soy milk, makes me drool.. hehehe

Tofu can be served warm or cold. And of course there are lots of products based on soy milk, and like I said different types of tofu , plus many ways you can enjoy them.

So this is my gift to you.. tofu.. try em and you'll like em :D




Just somthing on the sid: Shrimp Siu Mai :)




No comments:

Post a Comment