Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Makan-makan Mardi - Food for my Brain


Forget about exercising our Brain for now. Let's talk about feeding our Brain with yummy yet nourishing food. MMMmmmmm....
One of the brain functions is to store memories.

I stumbled upon an article on the web which listed out 5 foods to have better memory.
Frankly, I like the list. Thus, I'll share with you all here. Start by going to the supermarket or your organic stores and have these items on your groceries list!

1. Herbs
Studies have shown that even the smell of rosemary can improve memory performance in office workers.

Serious?? LOL
Then it listed also the 3G (yeah yeah I know not only apply to smartphones). Ginkgo, Ginseng and Gota kula.

2. Tea
Yeezzaaa... Ditch those cuppucino, latte or frappé. Start with the good ol tea :D
Perhaps the best news is that tea has up to 10X the polyphenols found in foods like fruits and vegetables.

3. Fruits and Vegies
There is no doubt about this vitamin and fibre source of food.
The thing to remember about memory boosting foods is color. You want dark reds, blues and greens.

Dark red, hmm I'm thinking of cherries, apple, black grapes.
Blueess... hmm blackcurrent..
Greeeeennnss.. well spinach, I'm not a big fan of greens, so I'll stick with spinach for now LOL

4. Fish and Nuts
Peanuts!!!! :D
Of course it's due to the omega-3 fatty thingy.

5. Honey
Yummaaayy..
The article listed this as dessert. I think it's to attract attention of the reader. I put honey because it's straight to the point. Honey rules!!
For last Christmas, we've chosen Honey has our Christmas pressies theme. We made hampers consists of honey items: different kind of honey, honey with the honeycomb, honey cakes, honey candies, honey soaps and honey rhummmm... So there ya go an idea for your next Christmas or Birthday pressies :)

Read the full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment