Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Between Holidays Gifts


*crickets sound*
It has been almost a month with no gifts? Why, I'll be dammed[sic]!
Please accept my humble apologies for having abandon the gifts-world for some times. For those who knew me well, I have been busy starting my last post, delivering a 'real' gifts to people around me. My head is still spinning until now as I try to remember what date we are now. As much as spinning done, I have to touch the ground before it is too late. This reminds me of 'Up' suddenly.

So, what day we are now again?
Ah! Tuesday... That should be Makan-makan Mardi.

My mom drank cucumber juice (freshly blend) in order to control her blood pressure and cholesterol level. Malaysian food is mostly known for containing high cholesterol, and after indulging on such great feast, my mom would counter the effect by drinking cucumber juice. I only know that cucumber contain lots of water, just because it's nicely eaten during hot summer weather, and also to put slices on the eyes.

So I started googling cucumber, and cucumber juice. Amazingly it is not a myth (yeah I don't know how I concluded that cucumber is not healthy in a first place).
From various websites, I have seen there are common words for benefits of cucumber juice namely 'Skin', 'Eye', 'High blood pressure', 'Hair loss' (this is interesting), 'Stomach problem'.

Cucumber should be eaten or juiced with the skin. Like many other fruits and vegies, their skins are where all the goodie stuff reside.

According to Juicing for Health:
The cucumber contains alkaline-forming minerals and is an excellent source of vitamin C and A (anti-oxidants), folate, manganese, molybdenum, potassium, silica, sulfur, and lesser amounts of vitamin B complex, sodium, calcium, phosphorus and chlorine.



Hmmm With all those list of minerals, vitamins and what-not, it's something to consider isn't it? :D
Of course when you buy organic is much better than those fatty grown by pesticide cucumber.. So try to get from your local market or organic stores and let's rip off those minerals and vitamins from cucumber!

No comments:

Post a Comment